News & Events
Finance Minister Senator Mohammad Ishaq Dar reviewed progress of 6th Population and Housing Census, with particular focus on its second phase, the meeting held at the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS), Statistics House, Islamabad.
The Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) on 27th April, 2017 briefed Finance Minister, Senator Mohammad Ishaq Dar on second phase of Population and Housing Census, 2017. The Chief Statistician, PBS Asif Bajwa during a meeting, which was chaired by the minister, apprised the participants that second phase of the census which commenced on 25th April would cover 88 districts throughout the country and continue till May 24.In the second phase twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi along with federally administered tribal areas (FATA) would also be covered. The second phase, he said was progressing smoothly and in accordance with the schedule.
Government of Pakistan, Statistics Division, Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) is going to hold an International Conference on 25-26 July, 2016 at Islamabad in collaboration with UNFPA on the issues pertaining to holding of 6th Population and Housing Census in the country. Main themes/topics of the conference are as under:-
- Security of census field staff and filled-in documents
- Legal requirements for usage of census data by various components
- Credibility of census data in presence of politically / ethnically charged environment
- Holding of census in the presence of Afghan/Aliens living in the country
- Conduct of census in phases
- Adoption of revised questionnaire with reduced questions by dropping certain questions, dropping the long form of census operation
- Sensitization of General Masses
- Census - use of technology
Training of Master Trainers for upcoming 6th Population and Housing Census, 2016 held on 11th to 15th January, 2016 at National Institute of Banking and Finance (NIBAF), Islamabad.